1.28.2010

Brink of death...

Sorry for the lack of activity lately but...

I thought I was going to die last night! 

For the past couple of days I've been having "flu-like symptoms" and I just knew it was going to turn into the flu.  So I went in to see the d-o-c and they gave me both flu shots [THEIR mistake] and by the time I got back home I was shivering and shaking like a crackhead going through withdrawals [no exaggeration].  The wife drove in from Waco to take care of me and we she got here I was in some sweats, a hoodie, a wool skull cap and I was wrapped up in a blanket...and I was still freezing!  It hurt to breathe and hurt even worst to move; I definitely had never been that sick so I was freaking the fuck out!  So the wifey has been pumping me with OTC meds, soup and OJ for the past 24hrs;  I haven't made a full recovery but I'm definitely in better shape than yesterday.