Saturday didn't go as planned. I was amp'd to go the Nice Kicks grand opening but woke up Saturday morning with my ear feeling like it had been hit with a sledgehammer. So I didn't get there early like I'd planned, in fact I got there an hour and a half after the official opening. Got there and there was a line, probably 100 deep, in which I was at the back of. Did I want to see the new store?...yes. Did I want to wait an hour to see it? NAH!
So, while waiting for the line to dwindle, the crew and I [JoJo, DJ and Vanessa, whom I have affectionately and official dubbed "The League of Nations"] hit Buffalo Exchange and then Terra Burger for organic nourishment!
1000 Island burger with french and sweet potato fries!
Finally made it back to the store and to be honest I was thoroughly disappointed. First of all, I was expecting it to be a "block party" type of event not a "let-a-few-folks-in-at-a-time" store opening. Secondly, I was extememly surprised at how under-developed the store was. There was a wall with about 20 kicks on, a rack with t-shirts on it and a DJ in the corner...that's it!
Bun- B was in attendance!
BUN!
Later that night we hit up Oasis for drinks with some friends. I'd never been to this place but have heard people talk about the view; it definitely lived up to the hype!
aww!